Sunday 16 March 2008

Ladybird Books


When Emma was born, my wife and I discussed how we both liked Ladybird Books as children and decided to buy a few. Emma is now 21 months old and the two pictures above show the collection so far.

I found a list of all released titles on the internet and then decided to get all produced until 1979 (they became very "Thomas the Tank Engine", "The Power Rangers", "Superman" etc. after this date). I have paid between 5p and 25p each for them, some do sell on ebay for silly money now, but don't get excited if you have the odd one, it depends on the title, release date and condition.

I am careful with the condition, I like spines intact and no drawing in them (in hope Emma will learn to respect books). I still need about 400 to complete the set, its unlikely I will ever find the lot, but it'll be a nice set of books for her, nomatter how many I get, when she can read and likes stories!